Food trends come and go. Here are five food trends I hope go the way of the pet rock very soon.
1. Kale – Coating it in butter or oil to break down the texture (think kale chips), which most people do, really ruins the point of eating kale.
2. Quinoa – Does anyone really like quinoa? Most people don’t even know how to pronounce it correctly. I’ll stick with brown rice, thank you.
3. Egg on top – I like eggs, but not on top of anything. I don’t even like watching someone else eat something, like a burger, with an egg put on top of it. It’s just wrong.
4. Small plates – I want a reasonable sized plate of food in a restaurant…not 6 or 8 “small plates” that add up to costing fortune. Plus, how do you know how many plates to order and they tend to come out of the kitchen at random times.
5. Bacon with everything – I like bacon, but since I gave up eating mammals and birds I don’t want bacon thrown in everything because now I sound picky asking restaurants to “hold the bacon”. Even when I was eating bacon, I still did not want it on my donut or mixed with ice cream.
What did I miss?